Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sheri Dew, No Doubt About It, pg 64

Though there are those who will disagree, I acknowledge my belief that there is nothing a woman can do that is more significant than rearing children to live righteous, contributing, faith-filled lives. I believe it not only because of the teachings of prophets and apostles but because of what I have experienced and observed. I can think of nothing a woman can do in a board room at a conference table, or in front of a camera that begins to equate with helping shape someone's life, with helping someone else do what he or she has come here to do.
Women, beginning with mothers, are uniquely stationed at the crossroads of the lives of youth and children-- as well as many others-- and are in a position, day in and day out, to teach and model virtues and values.

No comments: