Friday, October 8, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
• Teach them to develop good friendships. Latter-day Saint youth should choose friends who will influence them for good.
• Teach them the importance of education. Youth will be amply rewarded for their efforts to obtain an education. The Church will also be blessed by their increased capacities and skills.
• Teach them self-respect. The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles discourage tattoos and the piercing of the body other than the minimal piercing of the ears by women for one pair of earrings.
• Teach them to stay away from drugs. Those who use illegal drugs lose self-control and will do anything to feed their habit.
• Teach them the virtue of honesty. A person who is honest enjoys a clean conscience and an unspotted reputation.
• Teach them to be virtuous. Sexual urges must be controlled with unbending self-discipline.
• Teach them to look forward to the time when they may be married in the house of the Lord. Youth should come to the marriage altar free of evil of any kind. Husbands should avoid situations and attitudes that can lead to divorce.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
“Seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith” (D&C 88:118).
“Obtain a knowledge of history, and of countries, and of kingdoms, of laws of God and man, and all this for the salvation of Zion” (D&C 93:53).